Electrical Field Crane
We have an exciting opportunity to join an existing field service team, who are involved in the repair, maintenance and modernisation projects on various types of lifting equipment primarily Overhead Travelling cranes, Hoists and Swing Jibs. At ACDC Cranes all our Engineers use our in-house InspectUs app, which is completed on Iphone which will be provided as part of the role.
The role is required to work as part of a team, where all team members must be able to understand safe working procedures and apply recognised safety practices.
ACDC Cranes Ltd started back in 2018 based in Sheffield and the majority of our work is local to the South Yorkshire area, we have built up a very good reputation and well established company in the industry where we work for some large blue chip customers such as Rolls Royce, Mitie, Liberty Steel, British Steel, Network Rail and many more.
Main Duties and responsibilities
• Performing routine crane inspections as part of LOLER 1998
• Reporting on crane condition
• Performing planned maintenance tasks on cranes
• Fault finding and repairs
• Refurbishment / Modernisation projects to increase productivity and safety on Overhead Cranes, Hoists and Various Lifting Equipment
• Assistance with installation, testing and commissioning of new systems such as Verlinde Hoists and Symeo Anti-Collision sensors
• Liaison with customers, contractors and head office
• Be willing and able to work occasional paid overtime
Apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines to City and Guilds electrical Qualifications or equivalent (essential electrical bias)
• To have a Level 4 qualification (HND / HNC etc.) in a relevant engineering field
• We will also consider candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification
• LEEA Diploma’s
• Full UK driving licence
• Expected to undertake overtime and working weekend as required
• The candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, as there is extensive customer contact and will be safety conscious
• Physically fit and able to work at heights
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Self-motivated, prepared to work some unsociable hours as new projects arise
Any electrical or crane knowledge or experience within a similar industry advantageous. Full product training will be given. Standard hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm. Opportunity for overtime.
• Company vehicle and fuel card
• Company telephone (iphone)
• Company Van
• An attractive salary/benefits package with a good base salary (dependent on experience) this will be review annually
• Company Pension Scheme
• Annual Company Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16.50 to £18.00 /hour
ACDC Cranes, has developed its own Inspection software and CRM management system for its business within the lifting equipment business.
The successful candidate will be working to add extra features to the software also getting involved in R&D projects applying automation techniques to machines.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Maintain and update existing FileMaker systems.
• Undertake project development from initial brief-gathering to designing and delivering new solutions.
• Execute comprehensive testing for all development.
• Contribute to best practice in development of the software and of processes within the team.
• Provide updates to line management on the progress of work.
• Liaise with staff to determine specific project requirements.
• The ability to change focus quickly to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum two years experience developing in FileMaker Pro.
• Proficiency in FileMaker version 15+.
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Able and willing to assist other team members.
• FileMaker Certification.
• development: 3 years (Preferred)
• FileMaker: 3 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £50,000.00 /year
Please forward your CV to:
Nicky Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACDC Cranes Ltd
Unit 6, Vector 31 Network Centre